Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A little perspective!

The other day, Anna asked if she could paint.  She had gotten a few sheets of paper already and now needed her watercolors set up.  She wanted to draw "the world" for her grandma and asked me to draw grass and trees and a pond with lily pads so she could color them in.  So, I drew this:

And Anna painted it.

A little while later, Anna walked in with another piece of paper on which she had drawn a "copy" of what I had done for her.  She had drawn and painted a tree, lots of flowers, grass and a small little cirle of blue above them all.  Here's her work:



"See, Mama, I put the pond in.  It's small because it's more far away from everything."

That amazed me!  I had never taught her about that.  Maybe Grandma did, but I don't think so.  She already has a grasp of perspective in drawing and she's not even five yet!  Way to go, Anna!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment