Monday, August 1, 2011

For starters

My mom gives me a lot of good advice about kids and parenting. Most of the time, I take it. She's the mother of six, of which I am the youngest, and has seen and done most everything I come up against in my own parenting experiences. For the longest time, she has been telling me that I need to write down all the funny expressions and "firsts" that come along. It's a great idea, something we can all look back on one day and smile and laugh about. However, I've yet to do it. Not sure why, except just plain laziness. Well.....time to sit down and start, however late out of the starting gate I am!

My oldest daughter Anna is four years old, on the quarterly edge of turning four and three-quarters actually! :) She is a bright and funny little girl and has been since she started to react to the world around her. She is super friendly, doesn't know a stranger (and if she does, they don't stay a stranger for long)!

Sarah, our second daughter, just reached the 10-month milestone of life. While she hasn't had as much time to rack up the funny expressions yet, there have been quite a few things that have struck us funny and are worth remembering.

Anna and Sarah have said and done so many funny things, and I swore that I would remember them or at least my husband or the grandparents would remember them. Maybe that's why I didn't actually follow my mom's advice and write them down. But it's worth a try to remember as much as I (or we) can and get them down on a blog.

The lemon-faces, saying "trick-or-treat" for the first time, the nods for "yes" and the whole body swing for "no way"....these are just a few of the things I hope to put down for posterity. However, Sarah has decided to take only a brief nap this afternoon and I must go and get her up. Thus end my prologue to this blog. I hope you'll check back soon to see my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, Karen! I love my blog and thinking up things to post on it. You'll have to check it out soon, if you haven't already. I post something new each day about 9 am. (it posts by schedule, under the post options link.) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be my challenge then, to keep this up. I've tried a personal blog before, but nothing with a "theme" so to speak. :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete